March 16, 2009

Brown Sugar... Just like a young girl should

Hello everyone !

Welcome to my new blog. I just moved out from my former blog host and I wanted something brand new. Why ?

* First of all, My blog host wanted to make bloggers pay for their blogs. Well, non-famous bloggers. And I kind of disagree with the idea of making unknown blogs pay for the expenses of well-known blogs. I think it's a bit illogic.

* Also, I didn't like the title of my former blog anymore. Indeed, it was called The Lilac Diaries and I couldn't even remember why I had chosen that name in the first place. I had nothing to do with who I am or what I like, it didn't remind of fashion or rock music, it only reminded of lilacs - which grew in the backyard of my previous studio in the Parisian neighborhood of Montmartre but are nowhere to be seen around my new appartement. I wanted a cooler, funnier name. I found the title of this blog one night The Rolling Stones' Brown Sugar was playing on my i-Pod. There it was, the irreverent, stylish spirit I was looking for.

* I wanted this blog to be read both in French and in English, so that my French and English-speaking friends can read it.

* Finally, I wanted this blog to be a fun, cool place to be, like a piece of daily brown sugar. I wanted to feel like when I'm discussing fashion, style, music, and trips to my favorite cities with my friends, on a sunny afternoon, sitting at a café's terrasse and drinking coffee.

So, I hope you'll enjoy it too ! Feel free to leave comments, questions and expectations on this page, I'll be happy to hear from you !


Découvrez The Rolling Stones!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, nice ! Kinda makes me miss Paris...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! You did well taking position against your former host! I mean, wtf???

    A new start is always good news, I understand you had to formally move on!

    Can't wait to read the new you!lol

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete