January 23, 2009

Comfort food for fashion



It's one of these days when you just can't do anything. The day started with a subway train incident and we all had to jump off the train and walk our way out of the dark subway tunnel. This isn't a good way to start the day, I'm telling you. That's why I've been sitting in my couch since then, watching episodes of How I Met Your Mother one after the other - it's like a drug and I just always want more of them.

Hanging out home makes me hungry though. What can you cook for lunch on a day you don't want to do anything at all ? Macaroni and cheese with some sliced ham on it. Yeah. Just like when you were five. And I can tell you it's really good, especially when eaten in front of the TV in the right outfit.

Just as comfort food is there when nobody's around to judge you, we all have our comfort outfits for the moments when nobody's around to notice you're not - at ALL - sexy. These outfits are some of my favorites. Not only because they're comfy, and you feel at home in them. Also because actually, I think they look pretty cool.



Champions USA pants / Les Petites t-shirt / Adam Jones vest

They don't ask for a lot of fashion effort : they're made of t-shirts we won't wear to go out, very old sweat pants, funny socks... and little dressing up time. Everything a true fashionista would disapprove of. 

Alright, but in real life ? In real life, one can be super cute in a comfort outfit. Just like the eponymous food, it's simple, fast and comfy. That's why they're so good !




No comments:

Post a Comment